An excerpt from my Facebook page…
1. I dream in color…
2. I am an avid collector of self-study books…that I keep on standby for such a time as this..
3. One of my passions is writing another is PR and yet another is project management.
4. I worked for Mike Tyson for 2-3 years in entertainment management. Prince 1-2 years as a volunteer online PR consultant part of a team of fans…which was infamously called the Collective. I interviewed C’babi Bayoc the amazing painter behind Prince’s Rainbow Children Album artwork. I have over10 pieces done by him in my house that I need to get framed this year.
Lastly I did some PR work for Speech of Arrested Development fame after meeting him at Paisley Park (Prince’s recording studios.) We met during Prince-A-Celebration the last one in the 3 year series.
5. I rededicated my life to Christ after my Dad went home to be with the Lord in 2001. I did it again in 2006 when my mother did the same.
6.Though I seem to be very outgoing… I am really shy and am working on my interpersonal skills DAILY.
7. I have two novels… one book of prose and a memoirs on the back burns that I am working on bring to the front ones.
8. I have six turtles… one Cocker Spaniel and a Calico Cat…when I was younger I wanted to be a Vet… after that a teacher and then a Civil Rights Attorney. Still may pursue teaching at some point.
9. I miss my dreads… I cut them off in 2005 after they had reached to my hind parts.
10. I am a member of World Changers Church New York… but I am just really beginning to understand that I am a World Changer…
11. I was in a 5+ year relationship…that broke up badly…he cheated…however it has not made me bitter. I still love him because he is one of the reasons why I decided to rededicate my life to Christ.
12. I love almost any shade of purple…green or brown.
13. I love to sing, dance and act (musical theater style)… and have been told I am good at them however I prefer the background for the foreground any day.
14. I have a weakness for ginger.
15. I want to have a nuclear family and stay at home with my kids for at least the first 3 months of their lives.
16. I have a huge music collection…half of which I can’t listen to again tilll I get married.
17. I love old MGM musicals with Fred Astarie and Ginger Rodgers…and the Rat Pack.
18. If you haven’t figured it out I am a big Prince fan… however I am also into Aerosmith… Mint Condition… No Doubt… Maroon 5, Jamroqui and anything alternative or Classic R&B.
19. I have a goals list…that wrote when I was 17…I am still working on it.
20. I haven’t been on a real vacation in over 5 years…that madness stops in 2009.
21. I love Disney Animated Classics like the Lion King…Sleeping Beauty and Who Framed Roger Rabbit which I have seen over 25 times.
22. I love the Batman, Superman and X Men characters…almost as much as Star Trek.
23. I really love public speaking and am really a ham with it…from voice overs… to giving speeches…
24. I don’t like to disappoint people… that is something I am working on being delivered from… a people addiction.
25. I am …. still a work in progress.
© 2009, Lela Jefferson Fagan. All rights reserved.