Reading for Enjoyment a Passion Inherited
One of my passions in life is reading; it has been for as long as I can remember. As a little girl my parents fostered it in me with weekly trips to the library and introducing animated storytelling into our nightly bedtime routine.
Though my parents separated when I was young; their joint nurturing of my love of reading did not cease. No matter where my father lived after their separation and even still in my mother’s home, he had milk crates and shelves spilling over with books. He was an avid reader and collector.
Come to think about it…I don’t think I can ever recall my dad telling me, he was reading just one book! We would have weekly discussions catching each other up on what new book we had discovered…that the other just had to read.
Like him, I generally have 3-5 books on my coffee table that I am working on completing and have a growing library.
Recently, as I am learning how to slow down and enjoy the lulls of life. I have begun again to read for enjoyment. Of course this means since I LOVE sharing what good finds I discovered, I want to share them with you my readers a listing of the books that I am either reading or plan to read.
From the realms of history, poetry, spirituality, how-to/self improvement, fantasy, and even romance… I bring to you titles straight from my own collections.
See through the windows of my soul; the current year reading list of author/blogger and poet, Lela Jefferson Fagan.
To see what I am currently reading, please visit my profile on GoodReads.com.
Selections from my Bookshelves
Leadership/Business, Personal and Relational Development
- Maxwell 3-in-1: The Winning Attitude, Developing the Leaders Around You, Becoming a Person of Influence – John C. Maxwell
- Communicating Effectively for Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) – Marty Brounstein
- Consulting For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance)) – Bob Nelson
- Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone – Joyce Meyer
- The Difference Maker: Making Your Attitude Your Greatest Asset – John C. Maxwell
- Claim Your Victory Today: 10 Steps That Will Revolutionize Your Life – Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
- Successful Family : Before The Ring (The Successful Family) – Dr. Creflo A. and Taffi L. Dollar
- Positioned for Promotion: How to Increase Your Influence & Capacity to Lead – Mac Hammond
- Talent Is Never Enough: Discover the Choices That Will Take You Beyond Your Talent – John C. Maxwell
- Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success – John C. Maxwell
- The 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player: Becoming the Kind of Person Every Team Wants – John C. Maxwell
- Be a People Person: Effective Leadership Through Effective Relationships – John C. Maxwell
- Today Matters: 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrow’s Success – John C. Maxwell
- 8 Steps to Create the Life You Want – Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
- The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear – Joyce Meyer
- The Burden Of Freedom – Dr. Myles Munroe
- Battlefield of the Mind Devotional: 100 Insights That Will Change the Way You Think – Joyce Meyer (RESOURCE)
- Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits – Bishop T.D. Jakes
- Power Thoughts: 12 Strategies to Win the Battle of the Mind – Joyce Meyer
- The Everyday Visionary: Focus Your Thoughts, Change Your Life – Jesse Duplantis
- Winning in Troubled Times: God’s Solutions for Victory Over Life’s Toughest Challenges – Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
- The Burden Of Freedom – Dr. Myles Munroe
Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising and Branding (Offline and Online)
- You Want Caviar But Have Money For Chitlins: A Smart Do-It-Yourself PR Guide For Those On A Budget – Karen Taylor Bass
- Blogging Heroes: Interviews with 30 of the World’s Top Bloggers – Michael A. Banks (READING NOW!)
- Guerrilla P.R. 2.0 – Michael Levine
- Facebook Era, The: Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, Reach New Audiences, and Sell More Stuff – Clara C. Shih
- Marketing for Dummies – Alexander Hiam
- Advertising For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance)) – Gary Dahl
- Branding For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance)) – Bill Chiaravalle
- Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy That Grabs Their Attention and Compels Them to Buy. – Maria Veloso
- Emotion Marketing – Claire Brand
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use News Releases, Blogs, Podcasting, Viral Marketing and Online Media to Reach Buyers Directly- David Meerman Scott
- The Publicity Handbook, New Edition : The Inside Scoop from More than 100 Journalists and PR Pros on How to Get Great Publicity Coverage – David Yale
- Public Relations Writing: Form & Style (with Errata Sheet) – Doug Newsom and Bob Carrell
- The Web Designer’s Idea Book: The Ultimate Guide To Themes, Trends & Styles In Website Design – Patrick Mcneil (RESOURCE)
Spirituality and Faith
- Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy With God in the Busyness of Life (Revised Edition with New Bible Study) – Joanna Weaver (RESOURCE)
- Your Spiritual Makeover: Experience the Beauty of a Balanced Life – Taffi L. Dollar
- The Power of Praise and Worship – Terry Law
- TNIV | The Message®//REMIX Parallel Bible (Today’s New International Version) (RESOURCE)
- KJV/Amplified Parallel Bible (RESOURCE)
- The Power of a Praying® Woman Deluxe Edition – Stormie Omartian (RESOURCE)
- The Power of a Praying® Wife – Stormie Omartian(RESOURCE)
- Smith Wigglesworth: Complete Collection – Smith Wiggleworth
Preparing for Marriage the Ultimate Covenant as a (Athletic/Sports) Coach’s Wife